Saturday, March 19, 2011

Flowerbrains

Ew, I haven't posted in aaages. Sorry. It's just that when I get out of the swing of blogging, I get kind of blaaaaaaaaaaghghghg and everything's just blaaaaaaaaaaaaghggh, and, yeah, this happens.

Hennyways.

I went on a school trip to Los Angeles last week! It was reasonably fun (except for the social interaction thing, which was awkward), and I met Elvis!

And when Darth Vader touched me, my brains exploded.

(Hollywood!)


(at LACMA)

So, so, so, there's my outfit. The quality's kind of bad because I had to steal these from the pictures my friend put up on Facebook...

Can you see the necklace okay? I would like to draw your attention to the necklace I made this by cutting up a pair of nylon stockings and knotting the bits together.
DIY!! Liberate the women!! (Although I do often wear nylons. And I think I read somewhere that nylons freed women from girdles and all the ancient unwieldy underwear contraptions of yesteryear. But, well, anyway.)

Also featuring:
-top from please don't ask me I don't remember where I get most of my clothes
-skirt made my grandmotherfuckinggrandmom
-tights and shoes from ????????it's a mystery!????????????

We also went to Olvera Street that day, which was... not that cool (lots of stands selling Mexican-ish kitschy stuff for tourists), but… I bought a lime green ukulele (which, upon further inspection, turned out to be a tiny guitar), and a wooden bracelet decorated with Catholic-y pictures. It’s a smidge too small and kind of falling apart, and I rather regret the purchase (WAY OVERPRICED, LADY!!) but, like, it’s still kind of cool?

So, I'll go learn how to play that damn guitar and put something cool together with that fucking bracelet, and hopefully blog more consistently; and I encourage you, in the meantime, to"Honk 4 Jesus!!!" and tell me how awesome I am.

5 comments:

  1. I really like what you wrote in your 'about me'. I feel all sort of inner conflicts about loving clothes too. It does help me to think about the difference between fashion and style though- fashion changes all the time and you can buy it in order to be 'in fashion' or fashionable, but everyone has their own personal style which is timeless and authentic. And everyone wears clothes, so you might as well wear ones that make you happy. I'm in a group called feminist fashion bloggers, we've been writing about this sort of stuff. If you want to get involved, join their google group: http://groups.google.com/group/feminist-fashion-bloggers/
    You definitely have personal style- you made a fucking necklace out of stockings!!! that's awesome.
    Gah, I accidentally just did what you told me to do in the last paragraph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh cool! thanks for adding me to your blogroll! Your brains probably exploded because the force was to strong. JEDI'S FOR EVERR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tartan skirt looks cool. And I wish I had a Vader costume, that dude is seriously amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHA!! Thanks for the comment. I was like "Hm, I don't think I look like I have flowers exploding out of my face," but I went back a few posts and I do see the resemblance. I think we have the same ... mouth shape? And face shape? Or head shape or something.

    Plaid skirts all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "And when Darth Vader touched me, my brains exploded" - that made my day. ;) I love the necklace, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete