Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"This video gave me diabetes"

These are screencaps from Katy Perry's video for California Gurls:


Purple hair!!


... Candy wrapper dress?


Sparkly shorts, and, um, cupcake breasts. Yes.


And here we have Snoop Dogg, commanding his terrifying legion of gummy bears, in his glorious jolly cupcake suit!!
.....


I don't even like either of these artists, but I love the song and the video. I like the shameless, extreme-to-the-point-of-scary sweetness. It's creepy. It's like the ultra-girly sparkle-crap that I longed for when I was a child, but a scarier, more sexual version of it.

I want.

.............................................

2 comments:

  1. it certainly is visual eye-candy (pun intended!). i kind of like the colored wigs on Katy Perry... i don't really follow her music.
    xox alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure got diabetes watching this as well!

    ReplyDelete